HOME OF ATLETICO FLAMES U8/9 SPARK ACADEMY
• To eliminate keeping scores and reduce pressure on players and coaches to get results.
• To emphasize individual player development and especially individual technical development.
• To reduce the excessive travel around the state for games and tournaments.
• To reduce the possibilities of mismatched opponents and lopsided scores.
• To reduce the number of games players were playing in a year and increase the number of training opportunities.
•Free player movement within the academy program age group.
• Growing a ‘CLUB’ concept with a club loyalty as opposed to individual team mentality.
• Professional coaches taking over administration and training of younger ages.
• A good introduction to ‘Select’ competitive soccer for players transitioning from recreational to select soccer.
Games are called playdates! Two games back to back on Saturdays. Each game consisting of two 20 minute halves. Boys normally play between 11am-1pm and girls 2pm-4pm. Will play 5-6 playdates (10-12 games), 2 tournaments (1 being at new sportspark and other possibly a travel tournament), and possible other scrimmages/games. Practices are twice a week, 1 hour and 15 minutes long each time. More information to come!
visitors since 07/07/2008